The City of Anacortes provides the following utility services:
- wastewater (sewer)
- stormwater (drainage)
- trash, recycling, and food/yard waste
- internet service
- a larger (30%) discount
- a larger range of income eligibility (up to 50% of the median family income)
- automatic enrollment if your home is part of the County's low-income/disabled property tax exemption program
If you are enrolled in the senior/disabled property tax exemption program through the Skagit County Assessor's office, you'll be automatically enrolled in the City utility discount program. Otherwise, if your household gross income is less than the very low-income, you should apply with the City Finance Department. Learn more about the utility discount program at the City's website.
Other Utility Assistance Programs
Skagit Community Action offers utility assistance through the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and customized assistance. They'll help you apply and receive help through Cascade Natural Gas and PSE.
- Cascade Natural Gas
- Puget Sound Energy—offers assistance paying bills, weatherizing your home, and getting lowering your bill through community solar
- Lifeline Phone or Internet Service
You can donate to:
- Cascade Natural Gas's Winter Help program—receive a 1:1 match to help needy families heat their homes